- This promotion (the “Promotion”) is conducted by Youth Food Movement Australia Limited A.C.N. 161 778 123 of 85 Crane Road, Castle Hill NSW 2154 (the “Promoter”).
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over, other than employees and the immediate families of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to request any entrant to provide documentary evidence confirming his/her age.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- The Promotion commences at 12:00pm AEST on Monday 27 April 2015. Entries close at 11.59pm AEST Sunday 17 May 2015. The Promoter has the right to close the Promotion earlier than advertised or extend the Promotion.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, entrants must go onto the Promoter’s website (https://www.youthfoodmovement.org.au/beefjamapply) and complete all required fields of the application form (“Part A”) and submit an answer to the question – “If you could change one thing about the way Australians produce or consume beef, what would it be and why?” (“Part B”).
- By entering, entrants warrant that their Entry:
- Is original and not copied, and was created by the entrant;
- Does not include any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate. Without limitation, entrants must not include (or include a link to) any content that involves nudity, malice, swearing or which may be defamatory or in contempt of court;
- Does not include any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, or any other item in which copyright subsists (“Copyright Content”), unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any Copyright Content in their entry, they must not include it. By including any Copyright Content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they are entitled to do so.
- The Promoter may (but is not obliged to) at any time reject and/or remove from access by the public or disqualify or invalidate any Entry that it considers (in its sole judgment) infringes these conditions of entry. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants in that regard.
- The Prize Winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the Prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
- Only one (1) entry per entrant is permitted.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter and the Promoter may make copies of or publish any entry in any form or media.
- No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries.
JUDGING THE PROMOTION
- The judging will take place at the offices of the Promoter in Newtown, NSW commencing on Monday 18 May 2015 and concluding Thursday 21 May 2015.
- All mandatory fields in Part A are required for an entry to be valid.
- The answers to Part B will be judged as follows: (a) 50% written expression and (b) 50% persuasiveness (“Judging Criteria”).
- The answers to Part B which are deemed to be the most articulate and persuasive of all valid responses received as judged against the Judging Criteria by the Promoter in its sole discretion will each be determined as a winner of a Prize available in the Promotion (a “Winner”).
- The judging panel's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Eight (8) Winners will be selected and will each receive one (1) Prize.
- Winners will be notified by the Promoter by Thursday 21 May 2015 by email and/or phone using the details completed by the entrant on the Promotion entry form.
- Each Winner will be given 24 hours from first contact to respond. If a Winner cannot be contacted or the Promoter doesn’t receive a response from a Winner, the next best entry as judged against the Judging Criteria by the Promoter in its sole discretion will be chosen as a replacement Winner and will be contacted
- Each Prize consists of:
- 1 return economy flight to and from the Event from Winner’s nearest Australian capital city;
- Attendance and participation in the 2 day “BeefJam” event to be held at a surprise venue to be determined by the Promoter between Thursday 2 July 2015 and Sunday 5 July 2015 (the “Event”).
- 3 nights single-occupancy accommodation at the Event venue to be determined by the Promoter;
- 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner); and
- Beef supply chain tour (including optional processing operation site visit), including all transfers and transportation.
- Each Prize is valued at A$1,310. The total Prize pool value is A$10,480.
- Spending money, insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included.
- Prize must be taken on Thursday 2 July 2015 and returning Sunday 5 July and is subject to booking and flight availability. The itinerary is to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers, including flights, transfers, accommodation and food.
- The Prize (in whole or in part) is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value, specification or individual components of the Prize. The Promoter retains the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right to modify the terms of the Promotion, including the Prize, the Event and these Terms and Conditions.
- Each Winner agrees to, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of a Prize, free of charge, and each Winner consents to the Promoter using their name and image in such promotional material as the Promoter may at its sole discretion decide .
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained as a result of taking the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Winner agrees to execute all waivers, release agreements and any other documents required by MLA and third parties engaged by MLA and any licensees, successors or assigns.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (inclusive of its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury and/or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion and/or the Prize.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION